Game Ideas

Slavko

Game Ideas

Postby Slavko » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:51 pm

Do you have some ideas for the game?
Or you like some feature that you want to see in the game.
Then this is the right place for you.

Ideas will be noted and we will discuss about it.
To see how feasible it is to implement it to the game.
If it is in the spirit of our game.
And if Karlo likes it. :D

After we choose a few ideas, I'll create a poll and ideas with most votes will be implemented in the game.
We will buy you a pint if you idea was chosen. :D
Bontobi99

Re: Game Ideas

Postby Bontobi99 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:14 am

A few ideas if you want and have the possibility and to add:

Water: In the most survival games you alway have to get a lot of food to survive. But in RL a human can survive serveral day or even weeks without eating. But cannot survive longer than 4 days without water, also will get slower and stupid without water...

Shoes: Maybe it would be a good idea to add shoes to this game for faster travelling. it would be realistic and i havent seen this since "Cultures" (so long time ago). In real life a street wont let you walk faster if you dont have shoes on...

Rock Bottom start: Just to say i love hard games. When playing Kenshi i allways chose the Rock bottom start with nothing to eat no sword and a bad limp. I thought this was a good idea. But after time it though was really easy to play...

Seeds: I loved Timber and Stone Style of not having all seeds in the beginning. Also for Banished with the Hard start it was fantastic that you first have to get the Seeds and animal before you can farm it.
Karlo

Postby Karlo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:40 am

Thanks for the ideas, let me go through them one by one:

Water for drinking. We currently have hunger and need for sleep. We probably won't have any Energy levels, or tiredness as a result of hard work, not lack of sleep. Water could be added later on, if nothing then as a "every settlement has to have access to water, or build a well".

Shoes Not sure if I got you right. We have shoes and there is a small slowdown in walking speed if humans don't have any shoes on. And speed up if they walk on the road.

Rock Bottom Yes, the same happened to me too while playing Kenshi. In Mighty Forests, there will be 3 starting scenarios and 2 of them are "Rock bottom", and one is just a straw away from it.
And there will be difficulty settings, like land fertility, road danger, starting equipment and enemies count.

Seeds This one brought a lot of discussion.

There are 7 options for seeds, and some of them can be combined:
1. No seeds needed for planting
2. Food = seeds (for wheat, potatoes and corn that is the case, but tomatoes? not)
3. Craft seeds from food (similar to above, but settler needs to craft them first)
4. Start with 10 seeds of every kind available
5. Start with some seeds, need to buy/steal/acquire others
6. Gather seeds from nature (7 days to die)
7. Every harvested plant gives 2-3 seeds + food/wood

Right now, it's only #1. I need a days work to change that into any other combination.
Which ones would you prefer? Or do you have any other options? I'm open for discussion on this. :-)
Bontobi99

Postby Bontobi99 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:57 am

So first of all thank you for taking my request so serious...

For my part i prefer idea 3
That seems to be the most realistc way. (I also grow plants like this and also have to craft them ;) )

Also idea 5 and 6 are good

Its great that there are good starting options. Also that you allready though of shoes is great!

Can't wait to play this game. I'll buy asap....

Return to “Saved topics”