New settlement

Karlo

New settlement

Postby Karlo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:30 pm

Hi girls and guys,

finally some updates. Getting really close to the start of the campaign, so time is precious. But now let's show you some spoilers from (future) video.

Block textures got some updates, as well as animals:

We abandoned old (code generated and hardcoded) settlement and built a new one. Our settlers did most of the building, but we helped them out (scaffolding isn't done yet). It looks like a proper settlement now, with houses and campfires and such. Got some nice smithy here....

And our builders started building a defensive wall, since the old one doesn't exist ... we forgot to build one, you see

Well, our settlers wouldn't accomplish so much without a bunch of good miners and an iron vein:

"Look at me, I look mighty. If only I had a bow..."

varosg952

Re: New settlement

Postby varosg952 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:33 am

Nice to see upgrades, i want to know if those textures will be the final versions or you will define them a bit, and also if you could add a roof corner block for making greater buildings.
I like the form is taking although is in an early stage, keep the work :D !!!!
Karlo

Re: New settlement

Postby Karlo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:41 am

We'll definitively change block textures, I did these in a hurry, as we needed to have visual representation for material types. Model textures are here to stay for a while, maybe forever. Depending on the crowdfunding campaign, as I would rather have excellent game than superb graphics.

I started working on Marching cubes https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marching_cubes, but stopped at diagonal.... so much work so little time. But yes, I'll need one week of peace and quiet and we'll have not just corners, but also "rounds" :-)

Return to “Dev log”